Friday, May 29, 2009

Moving with baby while making Chilli


Hi all!

I've had the best intentions of writing a recipe every couple of weeks however life again went into complete chaos!!
How would you feel to hear your husband say "um, we're moving states in 2 weeks" - ARGH! I knew it was coming but I didn't realise it was going to be so soon. All you defence wives out there will sympathise with me I'm sure.

I guess this might be a great time to talk about being organised. Thankfully I always have a freezer full of frozen baby food which I prepared in my Qubies so on the day of our big move which involved a plane trip all I had to go was place a few different cubes into containers and they were defrosted by the time Flynn was hungry. As always I had my lamb shanks (Flynn's absolute favorite) and a few different containers of fruits). Flynn is now also eating lots of hand held foods such as bananas, strawberries, bread and cheese. He is nearly 9 months now and loves his food. If your baby isn't at this stage yet don't worry. Tyler who is now 3 gaged on literally everything that went into his mouth that wasn't completely mashed until he was 1 year old!

So this is my excuse for being so behind. At the moment we have things everywhere. I'm still trying to find my camera cords so I can't give you a photo of this weeks fabulous recipe so I've opted for an update of my gorgeous Flynn, bread in mouth. Isn't he adorable - can you tell I'm the mum :).

Moving on..... Here is another yummy recipe from one of our Qubies mums Martha. If you've got a recipe you'd like to share with other mums please feel free to email me at the Qubies website.

Vegie Chilli by Martha
(Suitable from 9 months)

1 onion, chopped finely
Paprika - dash
Cumin - dash
Red capsicum, sliced
Pumpkin, peeled and cubed
Potato, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup red kidney beans
cooked rice
2 Qubies baby food ice cube trays

Place a little oil in a heavy saucepan
Add onion and cook on a low heat until softened. Add dash paprika and cumin.
(Note: neither of these spices are hot)
Add the vegies listed or add some more of your own.
Add the kidney beans and continue to cook on a low heat until the vegies are soft.
Once cooked, blend to the desired consistency. Add rice and serve.

This recipe is suitable for freezing, so grab those Qubies containers and pop the rest in the freezer for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment