Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Qubies! Once you've finished with your boobies... or so I thought....

Hi all

I thought today I'd do a product review on Qubies . Some of you may know about Qubies but if you don't, well hold on to your hats. This is a brilliant product, designed by an Aussie mum (me) to help other mums & Dads!
There are a few "challenges" when it comes to storing and freezing baby food. How do I store baby purees so I can get to it easily, how will I actually get the baby food out of the container once it's frozen without breaking the container, can I combine foods to make interesting and nutritious meals for my baby, does the ice cube tray have a lid so there is no freezer burn or freezer smells? The list goes on and these were the things that drove me crazy - my huge lack of sleep probably didn't help. In my desperation I created what is now being described as the "best baby food container on the market!" Qubies!
What's the difference? It's quite simple really. Qubies has a lid made from silicon which means that it's non stick. Secondly, the dividers are now on the lid. This means you can place your puree into the base without having to spoon food into little compartments making a mess. Once the food is in, simply pop on the lid and freeze. Once the food is frozen, give the container a twist which releases the cubes. Then you simple remove the lid and "VIOLA" 30ml cubes ready to use for baby.What I like to do for Flynn is make a big batch of food. For example lamb shanks. I pour the pureed shanks into the Qubies then I freeze. Once frozen I transfer the cubes to a freezer bag. At meal times I then mix and match my cubes. For example 1 lamb shank cube plus 1 potato cube plus one broccoli cube. Then the next meal I change the combination. This way I know I'm introducing Flynn to lots of different foods, giving him lots of variety and nutrients.
You can also use your Qubies to freeze Breast milk! This was a godsend for me. When Flynn was born as he was readmitted to hospital with Bronciolitis. Sadly I had to express all of his milk but I was able to freeze it and give it to him as 30ml cubes initially. As he grew I increased it to 60mls and so on.
Once you've finished using your Qubies for baby you can then use them for "grown up" endeavours such as freezing: lemon juice, stock, herbs, pestos, gravy, tomato paste, coconut milk, lime juice, condensed milk, egg whites, ice cubes and more!

Check out the Testimonials and see what other mums are saying about Qubies.

And don't worry if you are from overseas, Qubies are posted all over the world!

Chat again soon, Alex



1 comment:

  1. Like so many other mums I tried to cook batches of yummy food for my daughter ahead of time to ensure I always had a variety of things available. Using my ice cube tray drove me nuts! Bashing it against the benchtop to remove the food & have it fly across the bench onto the floor was so frustrating. If only Qubies were available at that time! I now use Qubies for "adult" things like ice blocks & lemon juice & they're briliant. I now have a 2 month old son & can't wait to introduce foods to him in a few months time. This time it'll be a breeze using my Qubies to store his yummy food.. so easy to use & importantly, no more wastage!

    ReplyDelete